Changing the appearance of your teeth doesn't have to involve complicated dental procedures. Dental veneers provide the ideal solution if minor imperfections mar the surface of your teeth. Katonah, NY, dentist Dr. Terry Lin offers veneers and other cosmetic dentistry treatments at Northern Westchester Prosthodontics.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped porcelain shells crafted to fit your teeth perfectly. They're made from impressions of your mouth and are cemented to the fronts of your teeth. Before your veneers are added to your teeth, your Katonah dentist will need to remove a very small amount of tooth enamel to ensure that the veneers fit properly, look natural and don't feel bulky.
Who can benefit from veneers?
Veneers are extremely versatile and can be used to improve several cosmetic issues, including:
- Uneven Surfaces: Bumps and pits in your enamel may not affect the structure of your teeth, but they can make your smile less attractive. Veneers offer an excellent way to hide uneven surfaces.
- Chips and Cracks: Although large chips or cracks may require bonding or the addition of dental crowns, small chips and shallow cracks can be easily concealed with veneers.
- A Dull Smile: Do you want a white, bright smile? Although teeth whitening treatment can be effective, it does have limitations. When you choose to lighten your smile with veneers, you choose the perfect shade of white for your smile. Veneers last much longer than teeth whitening treatment and are stain resistant.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: It's not unusual to have a tooth or two that looks a little out of place in your mouth. Your tooth may be strangely shaped, crooked, twisted or pointed. Veneers can completely change the shape of your tooth without extensive dental work.
- Short Teeth: Would your smile be perfect if one tooth wasn't a little shorter than neighboring teeth? Veneers are a good choice if you want to extend the length of too-short teeth.
Are you interested in improving your smile with veneers? Call Katonah, NY, dentist Dr. Terry Lin at (914) 232-8190 to schedule your appointment.