Posts for tag: Veneers
Dr. Terry Lin, your Katonah, NY, dentist, can help improve your smile. He provides patients with dental veneers, a cosmetic procedure that rejuvenates and, in other cases, completes your smile.
A great smile has a good tooth color, shape, and proper alignment. Veneers are strong wafer-thin coverings made of porcelain that go over other surfaces to repair large chips and cracks. They substitute natural tooth enamel when bonded to the front surface of your teeth.
The dental porcelain is a great substitute for natural enamel because it's translucent and tough; it doesn't stain like tooth enamel. Your Katonah dentist removes enamel from the surface of your teeth, which is an irreversible process, to make room before bonding the veneers.
Limitations of Porcelain Veneers:
Veneers may not be a good option if,
- Teeth are significantly misaligned so orthodontic treatment may be necessary
- Severe dental trauma and decay
Caring for Veneers
It's important to take care of your veneers:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, while holding your brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed to remove food debris.
- Visit your Asheville dentist twice a year for regular checkups.
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Minimize the amount of coffee and tea you drink.
- Cutdown on the amount dental-staining food you may be eating, such as blueberries.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding veneers, just call and schedule an appointment with Dr. Terry Lin. Your Katonah, NY, dentist can determine whether or not veneers are the right dental procedure for you.
Changing the appearance of your teeth doesn't have to involve complicated dental procedures. Dental veneers provide the ideal solution if minor imperfections mar the surface of your teeth. Katonah, NY, dentist Dr. Terry Lin offers veneers and other cosmetic dentistry treatments at Northern Westchester Prosthodontics.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped porcelain shells crafted to fit your teeth perfectly. They're made from impressions of your mouth and are cemented to the fronts of your teeth. Before your veneers are added to your teeth, your Katonah dentist will need to remove a very small amount of tooth enamel to ensure that the veneers fit properly, look natural and don't feel bulky.
Who can benefit from veneers?
Veneers are extremely versatile and can be used to improve several cosmetic issues, including:
- Uneven Surfaces: Bumps and pits in your enamel may not affect the structure of your teeth, but they can make your smile less attractive. Veneers offer an excellent way to hide uneven surfaces.
- Chips and Cracks: Although large chips or cracks may require bonding or the addition of dental crowns, small chips and shallow cracks can be easily concealed with veneers.
- A Dull Smile: Do you want a white, bright smile? Although teeth whitening treatment can be effective, it does have limitations. When you choose to lighten your smile with veneers, you choose the perfect shade of white for your smile. Veneers last much longer than teeth whitening treatment and are stain resistant.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: It's not unusual to have a tooth or two that looks a little out of place in your mouth. Your tooth may be strangely shaped, crooked, twisted or pointed. Veneers can completely change the shape of your tooth without extensive dental work.
- Short Teeth: Would your smile be perfect if one tooth wasn't a little shorter than neighboring teeth? Veneers are a good choice if you want to extend the length of too-short teeth.
Are you interested in improving your smile with veneers? Call Katonah, NY, dentist Dr. Terry Lin at (914) 232-8190 to schedule your appointment.
How porcelain veneers from Katonah can give you a dazzling new smile
Have you been hiding your smile because of broken, stained teeth? Do you want to show off your best possible smile? If so, it’s time to check out porcelain veneers, the high-tech way to give yourself a dazzling new smile you can be proud of. Dr. Terry Lin at Northern Westchester Prosthodontics in Katonah, NY wants to introduce you to revolutionary porcelain veneers.
Your smile is often the first thing people notice about you; that’s why having a great smile is so important. If you have a mouth full of damaged, poorly-restored teeth, it’s easy not to want to show off your smile. Porcelain veneers can change the way the world looks at you, and the way you feel about yourself.
Porcelain veneers can help you show off your best possible smile by fixing problems like these:
- Discolorations and stains from medications or lifestyle habits
- Cracks, enamel defects and chips from trauma or aging
- Gapped or overlapped teeth from genetics
Porcelain veneers are a natural-looking, esthetically beautiful choice because the porcelain reflects light, just like your natural teeth. This means a dazzling white smile, custom-made for you! Your new porcelain veneers will also repel stains, making them the perfect choice even for tobacco users and coffee drinkers.
Porcelain veneers are also a conservative dental treatment because Dr. Lin will remove little or no tooth structure, just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers.
Veneer treatment requires between 2 and 3 appointments, including a consultation appointment. This means you can show off your best possible smile just in time for an important event coming up.
To view impressive before-and-after photos of Dr. Lin’s veneer patients, please visit the esthetics dentistry page on the website at http://www.nowpros.com/esthetics-dentistry.html
Porcelain veneers are an investment you are making in yourself and your smile, so you deserve the services of an expert like Dr. Lin. For more information about porcelain veneers and other esthetic dentistry services, call Dr. Lin at Northern Westchester Prosthodontics in Katonah, NY today!