Posts for: November, 2020
Have you been thinking about improving your appearance with a cosmetic dentistry treatment? Your Katonah, NY, dentist, Dr. Terry Lin of Northern Westchester Prosthodontics, offers a variety of services and procedures that will enhance your smile.
What's the best treatment for your smile issues?
One or more of these treatments may be an excellent option for you:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening erases stains that dull your smile. Your dentist applies hydrogen peroxide gel to your teeth to break up and remove stains. The treatment only takes about an hour in the Katonah dental office and dramatically improves your smile. In fact, most people notice a three- to eight-shade improvement in their teeth after whitening.
- Clear Aligners: Wire braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your teeth. Clear, removable aligners are a discreet option that works just as well as traditional braces. Transparent aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your smile by exerting constant, gentle pressure on your teeth. Clear aligners are a good choice no matter what your age.
- Crowns: Crowns protect and restore fragile and damaged teeth and also improve tooth appearance. Hollow crowns, also called caps, are placed over teeth that have been reduced in size. A crown can be a good choice if you want to hide a discoloration or imperfection, change the shape or length of a tooth, strengthen a cracked or fragile tooth, or restore a broken tooth.
- Bridges: If you've lost a tooth or two, a bridge can restore your appearance and your chewing ability. Bridges consist of one or two artificial teeth sandwiched between two crowns. The crowns are cemented on to supporting teeth, providing stability for the bridge.
- Dental Implants: Implants offer another way to replace lost teeth. Thanks to innovative implant technology, your dentist can recreate your entire missing tooth. Tiny titanium posts are implanted in your jawbone during the first step in the process. The posts bond to your jawbone and become the roots for your new teeth. Once the implants are securely attached to your jawbone, your dentist connects dental crowns to the top of them. Dental Implants will probably last your entire lifetime and feel very much like natural teeth.
Transform your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Call your dentist in Katonah, NY, Dr. Lin of Northern Westchester Prosthodontics, at (914) 232-8190 to schedule your appointment.