Dr. Terry Lin, your Katonah, NY, dentist, can help improve your smile. He provides patients with dental veneers, a cosmetic procedure that rejuvenates and, in other cases, completes your smile.
A great smile has a good tooth color, shape, and proper alignment. Veneers are strong wafer-thin coverings made of porcelain that go over other surfaces to repair large chips and cracks. They substitute natural tooth enamel when bonded to the front surface of your teeth.
The dental porcelain is a great substitute for natural enamel because it's translucent and tough; it doesn't stain like tooth enamel. Your Katonah dentist removes enamel from the surface of your teeth, which is an irreversible process, to make room before bonding the veneers.
Limitations of Porcelain Veneers:
Veneers may not be a good option if,
- Teeth are significantly misaligned so orthodontic treatment may be necessary
- Severe dental trauma and decay
Caring for Veneers
It's important to take care of your veneers:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, while holding your brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed to remove food debris.
- Visit your Asheville dentist twice a year for regular checkups.
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Minimize the amount of coffee and tea you drink.
- Cutdown on the amount dental-staining food you may be eating, such as blueberries.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding veneers, just call and schedule an appointment with Dr. Terry Lin. Your Katonah, NY, dentist can determine whether or not veneers are the right dental procedure for you.